So today was my last "Teen Talk" group at the clinic. I don't know if I helped the kids or not. I hope I did. I hope they do well. I don't think six weeks is long enough for a group to be super effective. I'm not at liberty to say any of the other things I'd like to say here, so moving on...
I feel like the biggest bum ever. I slept until 10 this morning, and once my group was over (at 3), I came hope and slept again until 7:30. Who does that? I am sick (again!), so I guess my body is just trying to get better, but now I feel gross from sickness and gross from laziness. Speaking of which, is the saying "Feed a cold, starve a fever?" I'm hoping it's feed a cold, because that's what I've been doing. I find it really hard to follow a strict diet when I'm sick and I want to eat comfort foods. Obviously, I need to work on my will power.
I had an awkward moment with my supervisor the other day. He made a comment about going to a town-hall style meeting with "the other side - you know, the people against Obama's health care, and man they are nuts." I just didn't say anything because it wasn't pertinent to my supervision, and I don't want him to think badly of me, but I find it really annoying and unfortunate that I would be worried about someone thinking badly of me because I'm not on board with Obama's socialism. Of course, then people at home (in Texas) think I am too liberal. In reality, I am just a constitutionalist. I like to think that my political beliefs are based in logic, and I wish more Americans would use some logic when forming their opinions. However, I have the ability to appreciate a person's worth/intelligence despite how I may feel about their political beliefs, and I wish more people extended that sort of acceptance to others. While I'm talking politics, I'm going to take this opportunity to post this special that i really wish everyone would watch: http://www.writeonnevada.com/2009/04/mr-stossel-goes-to-washington.html
I really hope I start feeling better, as I have a lot planned for this weekend. Tomorrow night, I'm (hopefully) going to see Julie and Julia with Shane and his gf - yay third wheel... :/ But it's my belated birthday celebration since Shane and I both love cooking/baking so much. And then on Saturday (again, if I'm better), Mariah is coming down, and I'm going to teach her how to make my chocolate chip cookies because hers aren't turning out like mine despite using the same recipe. We are also going to get Sprinkles since Mariah has never had the gloriousness. (This will clearly be a great day to test my will power). After that we are going to see 500 Days of Summer, which I am also really excited about. My immune system needs to kick it into high gear.
Okay, this blog entry has multiple personalities so I will stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment